Personal Information is any personally identifiable information, such as your email address, name, home or work address, telephone number, which can directly or indirectly identify you. We refer to it as “Personal Information” here.
1. What information might we collect about you?
When you interact with us in the different ways described below, we may ask you for the following information:
• Personal and contact details (for example your name, email address).
• Personal and contact details you give us when subscribing to receive emails, newsletters, eBooks or marketing information from us;
• Information we collect via cookies or similar technology stored on your device,
your IP address;
• Information from social media activity (such as likes, shares and tweets) when you interact with us on social media;
• Additional information which you provide voluntarily and/or which we may ask from you to post an item to an easier accessible address.
2. How, when and why do we collect your Personal Information?
We may collect your Personal Information (normally just your name and email address):
• when you sign up to receive our newsletter or Free information products such as eBooks
• Sign up to join our free giveaway contest from time to time
• directly contacting our business by email, messenger or phone
Why do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect and use your Personal Information because sometimes we have offers such as new product reviews, discount codes, free giveaways and we want our readers/ customers to know about these first. We will then send out an email/ newsletter with discount codes and product images.
Please note: We do not collect or store any Credit card or bank details. We may at times recommend a product to you. You will be taken to a recommended website via a link. Once on that site we have no control of what information is requested from you as that has to do with the website owners and what they are asking for to serve you better.
We do not sell anything on our website. We review and recommend products to meet specific needs.
Hence no credit cards or bank details are asked for or are stored.
If you need to contact us our email address is email@example.com
3. How we use the Personal Information that you provide to us
We undertake the following processing of your Personal Information on the legal basis that it is necessary to perform the contract with you and to provide the services we have agreed to provide to you. We use it where we consider it is necessary in our legitimate business interests in order to deal with requests, enquiries or comments you have made to us.
We undertake the following processing of your Personal Information with your consent.
Marketing – where legally permitted to do so where you have provided us with your contact details and have agreed to be contacted for marketing purposes, we may contact you by email.
Your agreement to the use of your Personal Information for these purposes is optional (see Marketing Opt-out below) and if you fail to provide your agreement, your use of our services will not be affected.
Marketing Opt-Out – you are entitled to Opt-out from our marketing services at any time by using the “unsubscribe” option included at the bottom in any marketing e-mail or other marketing material received from us.
4. How and when do we share information with third parties?
We do not share your personal information with any third party companies.
Sharing with other third parties in case of fraud
We may also provide your information to other third parties such as regulators and law enforcement agencies, where we are required by law to do so, where necessary for the purposes of preventing and detecting fraud, other criminal offences and/or to ensure network and information security.
5. How long do we store Personal Information for?
6. Security and Confidentiality
We employ appropriate security measures to help protect your Personal Information and guard against access by unauthorised persons. Information storage (name and email address) is on secure computers in a secure environment (password protected).
We acknowledge that the information you provide may be confidential. We do not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make Personal Information commercially available to any third party.
7. Your rights (GDPR)
You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing at any time here. It is important to us that you are in control of your own information. As a result, we offer the following controls:
• You may request access to or copies of the Personal Information that we hold about you. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible. We will take steps to seek to correct or update any information if we are satisfied that the information we hold is inaccurate. You may request that we restrict our processing;
• You may request that your Personal Information be deleted, where it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed and provided there is no other lawful basis for which we may continue to process such information;
• To the extent we are processing your Personal Information to meet our legitimate interests (as set out above), you may object to the processing of your Personal Information by us. If we are unable to demonstrate our legitimate grounds for that processing, we will no longer process your Personal Information for those purposes;
• You may object to our processing as set out above;
• You may withdraw any consent given to processing; or
• Where we may undertake automated decision-making we will request your explicit consent if the decision-making is not authorised by law or necessity for the performance of a contract.