Thrombosed external hemorrhoids are lumps of blood clots located around the anal region. Hemorrhoids are due to inflamed blood veins around the rectum and the anus and they can be either internal or external depending on the location. The size of thrombosed hemorrhoid can vary from as small as a pea to as large as golf ball at its worst.
Though very painful, surgical removal is not necessary. There are many ways of getting rid of thrombosed external hemorrhoids at home, naturally and permanently.
Hemorrhoids (Piles) Symptoms
Hemorrhoids can either be internal or external. Thus Hemorrhoids symptoms entirely depends on the location. Internal hemorrhoids which are normally located in the rectum do not usually cause discomfort. However, if internal hemorrhoid is pushed through the anal opening, it can cause a lot of pain and irritation. This condition is called a prolapsed hemorrhoid. You will often see tags or feel protrusions from the anus. At their worse they need to be physically pushed back into the anal canal after each bowel movement.
Thrombosed External hemorrhoids are found under the skin around anal area. Though the exact cause is not known, the following are some of factors believed to be the major contributing factors. Lack of exercise, genetics, increased intra-abdominal pressure, lack of valves in the hemorrhoidal veins, having irregular bowel habits and aging among many!
You will experience rectal pain especially if you are suffering from external hemorrhoids. Blood will pool beneath the skin forming a hard and very painful lump. This lump is known as thrombosed hemorrhoid or clotted hemorrhoid. If you are keen enough then you will notice blood streaks on the toilet paper after a strenuous stool. Other symptoms are:
- Itching or irritation in the anal region
- Swelling around the anus
- Leakage of feces
- Painless bleeding especially during bowel movements
Home Remedies for Getting Rid of Hemorrhoids
If you are suffering from this condition, just feel relieved as there are some home remedies for getting rid of hemorrhoids which have proved to be very effective. These remedies are:
Ensure the anal area is kept clean.
- It is obvious that you should keep your anal area clean at all times. If you are dealing with hemorrhoids, then you need to be extra careful and use some clean warm water to wash the anal area. Using hard soap is not recommended as it will make the situation worse. If you must, use some mild creamy soap. If you can’t wait for the area to dry naturally, you can use a soft towel to dry. Avoid using dry toilet paper no matter how soft the manufacturer may claim it is. The paper is very abrasive when used on areas affected by hemorrhoids. This explains why you bleed when you use it for wiping. If you have to use toilet paper, make sure that you moisten it a little.
- Increasing the amount of fiber you eat. Eating high-fiber diets helps in softening your stool thus making it easier to pass through your system as well as making bowel movements easier. You should include foods like whole grains, fruits and vegetables in your daily meals. These can supply you with enough fiber.
- Coffee and other caffeinated drinks, processed foods, tea, spicy foods and alcohol should be avoided as they enhance hemorrhoids making it worse.
Immerse yourself in warm water bath for about fifteen minutes several times daily. You should do this especially after bowel movements. This helps in relieving the pain and itching. You can add some Epsom salts to the water if you want. Just sitting in a warm bath is enough to help the pain disappear very fast. You are very luck especially if you have bath in your home, without which you can opt for a Sitz bath. Ask at your pharmacist/ drug store for one.
- One of the most common home remedies for hemorrhoids is definitely Aloe Vera. Use about teaspoon of aloe Vera juice to massage the affected area. You will get a substantial amount pain relive by gently rubbing the affected area with the aloe gel. Pain disappearance means less irritation thus no need to scratch the affected area which worsens the situation. Aloe Vera properties usually lasts for only few hours and you will need to reapply it again when the effects have worn off.
- Keep yourself hydrated enough by drinking around ten glasses of water daily.
You should avoid straining when passing the stool.
For better and fast results, you can use different home remedies for getting rid of hemorrhoids at the same time rather than using one at a time.
If you have ever encountered this condition, you know very well that the pains involved are unbearable and thus the need to avoid future incidences. Ensure you intake a good amount of water and high fiber foods to alleviate the pain, they can also be used to avoid future thrombosed external hemorrhoids.